Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day one!

   Hi everyone....That means YOU! (whoever you are).
This is my new secret laboratory, personal pirate ship, space ship, land where I am king or maybe Time traveling Mastermind! I like the idea..don't you? I gotta admit, I have kinda poked fun at the modern day blogger in my time. But the more I think about the best ways to show you all my work as a Tattooer-Painter, the more I realize that the old web-site with some pictures on it just seemed too damn stagnant. How about a little voice to go with those streaming slide shows of art?
   A Tattooist is one part Technician, one part Artist, one part the Father/Confessor-Bartender type, and a whole lot of snake oil Salesman! When someone chooses their favorite Hairdresser or Bartender, or hell maybe even their Doctor, they do so on knowledge of their skills and professionalism. But we're kidding ourselves if we discount how we may or may not get along with that person. So here you are!
   Now I am not saying by any means that I am gonna get all greeting card sensitive with you crazy people and share my inner most despair or personal triumphs over the cruel harshness of the world or anything.  What you'll hopefully get are some nice paintings, good tattoos, and  maybe a funny story here and there.
   Like I said in the beginning; it's an experiment. I fully expect it to be like any painting I have ever finished. Usually it starts with some semblance of a plan and along the way it grabs hold of me, reminds me that I am only in charge just so much and it becomes something different all together. So here goes......Something!!!

Now to get a few pictures on here
 Here's a picture of me at Mars 2112; a pretty fun restaurant in NYC! I like this one cuz it makes me feel like Doctor Who! ** Note:  If you're a fan of the Doctor-come see me.  I'd love to do some Doctor Who Tattoos!!!!  I have two sleeves started so far!
 The wearer of this fine little number is good friend and long-time client Bob Volk! Bob and I share an obsession for all things Halloween!
 Here's a little Medusa action on one of my very favorite clients. His name is Chris Gaye and I would be hard pressed to find another one like him! Thanks as always Chris!

 The Chest eagle project! Also on Chris Gaye! I think I made his inner child feel a little bit bad on this one, but he sat like a Roman Centurion!
 And one of my little ink paintings....
 A Pirate ghosty ship done on my man Will Paquette. When Will came home from Afghanistan a couple months ago we did this; a short sleeve and a full chest piece in two weeks time! I think he was happy to go back to war and take a break!!!
 Obviously it's gonna take a little time to build up my portfolio on this site. I imagine that I'll post new pieces as they are finished and old favorites as I see fit. Time will tell..

Hey anyway. Have a great day my friends and wish me luck.. Hope this goes well  beyond what I imagine it could!!

Bye for now
Jim

4 comments:

  1. Nice new blog! I'll be sure to plunk it down into my RSS feeder and follow all your zany madcap misadventures you divulge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I will soon get to you Mr. Duval and have my tattoo brought to life!!

    xoxo
    Tuffy

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with the Blog- looking forward to seeing your art and reading your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete